Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Operation YF Tooth Brushing: Day One

I hereby declare Day One a success!!

Yesterday Annie and I made our way into the fifth and sixth grade classrooms and explained the process. Our diagram divides the mouth into 18 parts, and the students spend 10 seconds brushing each part. They were very excited to get their cups and toothbrushes, and several students sprinted back from lunch today to get started

Here is a photo update of the process so far. More to come!



Annie and me preparing the 5th and 6th graders





Every grade gets a different color cup





Zhai (6th grade math teacher) teaching me a thing or two in front of everyone
(I'm just as scared of him as the kids are)



Zach (new student this year!) demonstrating his technique





First graders being jealous



Gary indecently pointing out the blood in Robert's mouth


Concentration...



Peter showing off his extreme makeover



This little hooligan dares to sit on the sink as he brushes










Our conversation (video 1)
Me: What section (of the teeth) are you on? 
Allen: Number 1 
Zach: I'm on Number 3 (demonstrates beautiful circular technique)



Tony sharing his very contagious post-brushing smile



Me: Has everyone brushed their teeth?
Kids: YEEEAAAAHH!
Me: Miss Annie, has everyone brushed their teeth?
Annie: YEEE-- No. No, they haven't.





1 comment: