Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas is here!

Christmas is almost here! I’ve been planning for Christmas themed art lessons since Thanksgiving! I was so excited because I thought our Halloween celebration was quite authentic (our Peter Pan performance and trick or treating session) and the kids had a lot of fun. That being said, I wanted to make sure Christmas would be as fun and realistic as Halloween. Lesson 1: Introduction to Santa! The 5th and 6th graders seemed to know that story pretty well. So I added the story about Santa’s nice and naughty list, and warned them if they’ve been behaving poorly in class this year, Santa will know and they will get coals in their stockings instead of awesome gifts. However, it’s NOT too late to change their attitudes and be a part of the good student list. Kids reacted to this part of the story pretty well in the beginning; I even had some usually rowdy students sitting perfectly straight up for rest of the class just to prove to me that they are willing to change (but that only lasted for one class). As for the 3rd and 4th graders, they enjoyed the story so much that I ended up spending half of the class time answering various of questions such as: Will Santa come to China? Will Santa pay a visit my house this year? I had a lot of fun answering their curious and cute questions. So here are some pictures of Christmas art projects so far for the 3rd to 6th graders. To create the Christmas spirit in class, I made a holiday playlist and  we jammed in all the art classes and even had a mini carol session from the 5th graders. Needless to say I had a lot of fun this month in art.




Lights are on!!!


                                                             Trees are up!




                                                         Stockings are hung!


                                    
                                    

1 comment:

  1. such cool art project decorations! happy merry holidays.

    ReplyDelete