Wednesday, September 18, 2013

And the Journey Begins -- Rachel



Since this is the first blog post, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself. Last spring, I graduated from Middlebury College with a major in History and a minor in Chinese. I first heard about Yongfeng when Nina, last year’s fellow, visited Middlebury on a recruitment trip. I knew almost instantly that being a teaching fellow this year at Yongfeng was the right choice for me. Throughout the interview process it became more and more apparent that the Yongfeng team was really a family. Since being here, I have felt nothing but support. Teaching is a challenge, but I never thought that it was going to be easy. I’ve been in the classroom two weeks and I know that I am going to need every hour I have left with my students to teach them as much as I possibly can. This blog is intended to be a collection of my thoughts, observations, joys, successes, frustrations and anecdotes. I hope you will follow my journey this year and stay tuned! I expect every post to be radically different from the last, just as my days are here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment